A Waypoint-based Navigation System for Nano-Size UAVs in GPS-denied Environments
More details coming soon...
- Available as Master Thesis for one very motivated student
- Supervisor: Daniele Palossi
- Professor: Luca Benini
- Familiarity with embedded/parallel programming in C.
- Basic knowledge of Computer Vision (e.g., Visual Odometry).
- Basic knowledge of FreeRTOS  and STM32F4 MCU family  is favorable.
- 30% Literature and theory study
- 30% C embedded programming (PULP programming/optimization)
- 20% Test and verification on the real prototype
- 20% Experimental evaluation and report writing
Detailed Task Description
Meetings & Presentations
The student(s) and advisor(s) agree on weekly meetings to discuss all relevant decisions and decide on how to proceed. Of course, additional meetings can be organized to address urgent issues.
-  Crazyflie2.0 http://www.bitcraze.io/crazyflie-2/
-  Free RTOS http://www.freertos.org/
-  STM32F405/7 http://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32f405og.pdf
-  PULP Project http://iis-projects.ee.ethz.ch/index.php/PULP
-  Himax ULP Image Sensor http://www.himax.com.tw/products/cmos-image-sensor/image-sensors/hm01b0/
-  F. Conti et Al., "Enabling the heterogeneous accelerator model on ultra-low power microcontroller platforms," 2016 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE), Dresden, 2016.
-  D. Palossi et Al., "Ultra Low-Power Visual Odometry for Nano-Scale Unmanned Aerial Vehicle", 2017 Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE), Lausanne, 2017.