Difference between revisions of "Pulse Oximetry Fachpraktikum"
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
Revision as of 17:18, 4 December 2018
We would like to add a new 'Fachpraktikum' to our arsenal which should reflect our work in the bio-medical research area. We developed an ASIC which is capable of generating and acquiring signals used in 'photoplethysmography' (PPG). In this thesis, the goal is to create a new Fachpraktikum where students can learn about the design process of this particular circuit. Starting by understanding the idea and principles behind PPG, followed by building a discrete version of the needed circuit. Further, improving the circuit by introducing ADCs and digital signal processing. At the end, a demo of our small, power efficient version is shown to complete the ASIC design journey. Each improvement step is compared in size and power with the previous version.
Things to learn in this Semester-thesis:
- Understanding a bit of physiology and bio-medical measurements
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- PCB design
- Classic engineering tasks
- The written part will be the guide for the Fachpraktikum-students
- Looking for 1-2 Semester Thesis/Group Work students
- Contact: Noé Brun
- Experience with hardware design and embedded software is advantageous
- 30% Concept & Verification
- 40% Hardware PCB Design
- 30% Software