Difference between revisions of "Battery Tester"
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
Latest revision as of 16:11, 25 August 2020
Our bio-medical devices (wearable, implantable and semi-implantable) require rechargeable batteries. Before assembly, these batteries should be tested to ensure good operation. They could be damaged from being in storage for a long time or faulty from the factory, for example. In this thesis, the goal is to build a system to charge, discharge and hence test various Lithium-Polymer batteries and also to provide means to prolong their shelf life (regularly re-charging capabilities).
Things to learn in this Semester-thesis:
- Knowledge about rechargeable battery and their "health"
- PCB schematic and layout design
- Software programming of a microcontroller
Status: Available starting Q2 2019
- Looking for 1-2 Semester Thesis/Group Work students
- Contact: Noé Brun
- Experience with hardware design and embedded software is advantageous, but not mandatory
- Motivation to provide own ideas and solutions
- 20% Concept/Planning
- 50% PCB Design
- 30% Embedded software