Difference between revisions of "Digital Medical Ultrasound Imaging"
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
category = Phager
category = Phager
Revision as of 10:47, 17 November 2020
(scroll down for open projects)
In the LightProbe project, we are exploring the next generation of medical ultrasound imaging systems: The LightProbe is a programmable ultrasound transducer head, which incorporates the entire analog frontend and directly outputs the captured digital samples. This allows the LightProbe to be directly connected to any commodity hardware (phone, tablet, workstation) for post-processing over a standard digital link as simple as a standard peripheral, like a camera.
The LightProbe has two main challenges: The involved ten's of Gb/s data-rates produced by the frontend, which need to be processed and transported off-head, and the power/thermal constraints of such a high-performance handheld device.
This is an ongoing project at our lab and we are looking for motivated students to contribute on the following topics:
- Implementation of processing subunits: Hardware design FPGA/ASIC (VHDL/HLS)
- Programming of software functions: Microcontroller Programming / Processing system programming (C/C++/CUDA)
- System level design: Hardware software interactions, multi FPGA system, high bandwidth links (VIVADO/IP/HW-SW Codesign)
- Power/Thermal optimization: Modelling, Control, Task Scheduling (Matlab)
- Machine Learning (Python, FPGA)
- Ultrasond imaging algorithm development/improvements/tailoring for implementation (Matlab)
- PCB Design
If you are interested in any of the above topics, contact us.
Highlights of Past Projects
This is a fast-evolving project. If you are interested in this project and want to do something in the areas mentioned above, come to see us to discuss up-to-date project opportunities!
- Design of combined Ultrasound and PPG systems
- Improving datarate and efficiency of ultra low power wearable ultrasound
- Battery indifferent wearable Ultrasound
- Wearable Ultrasound for Artery monitoring
- Ultrasound Doppler system development
- Machine Learning for extracting Muscle features from Ultrasound raw data
- Automatic unplugging detection for Ultrasound probes
- Machine Learning on Ultrasound Images
- Visualizing Functional Microbubbles using Ultrasound Imaging
Projects in Progress
No pages meet these criteria.
- LightProbe - WIFI extension (PCB)
- Intelligent Power Management Unit (iPMU)
- Ultrafast Medical Ultrasound imaging on a GPU
- LightProbe - Implementation of compressed-sensing algorithms
- Implementing Hibernation on the ARM Cortex M0
- Hardware/software co-programming on the Parallella platform
- Eﬃcient Digital Signal Processing in High-Channel-Count High-Frame-Rate 3D Ultrasound Imaging Systems