LightProbe - CNN-Based-Image-Reconstruction
Wireless ultrasound probes face to main problems:
- On one hand, the high data-rates that has to be transferred from the probe to the connecting device (i.e. to the Smartphone).
- On the other hand, the thermal dissipation of the electronics within the probe.
In this project, we want to evaluate an idea to use CNN-based imaging reconstruction to solve both problems at the same time.
(The idea is more concrete, but we do not want to post it publicly here :-) )
The main goal of the project is to evaluate our idea in detail: Your tasks are
- Simulation of the ultrasound imaging system to evaluate the idea (feasibility & performance)
- Quantify energy and data-rate savings with the idea
- Implement the idea on our system (only in case of a Master Thesis)
- Signal processing basics
- VLSI 1 / Microcontroller experience (only in case of a Master Theis)
- Looking for Interested Students
- Supervision: Pascal Hager
- 40% Ultrasound Simulations (including training dataset generation)
- 40% Simulations of the Imaging Process
- 20% Evaluations
- +200% Implementation (only for Master Thesis)