Photography related links
Good sources of information
The following is a list of www pages which have helped me a lot over the years for photography related information.
- Ken Rockwell, very good page that has in depth reviews. Ken is quite opinionated, and that is actually good. Consistent subjective reviews are actually very important, you know how the person stands. What is very under appreciated is how many good suggestions and tips the site of Ken actually has. It may not be the easiest site to navigate, but in addition to lenses there is a lot of very useful practical information on nearly all aspects of photography.
- Backcountry gallery by Steve Perry, This is a page dedicated for wildlife photography, but it contains many very useful tutorials and tips. I learned a lot from here, although I never really do wildlife photography (I am more of a Zoo person).
- Photo blog Arkady Shapoval, extensive reviews for lenses and equipment, excellent source for also old lenses. It is easy to browse and navigate.
- Fred's ImageMagick Scripts The imagemagick repository for various tricks, scripts you can use.
- Snibgo's ImageMagick pages very in depth pages explaining various image processing using imagemagick and sample scripts. More in depth than the page of Fred
- Bahnbilder Trains, trains and more trains. These guys travel all over the world and take pictures of trains in spectacular landscapes and they know what they are doing.
These pages are for Amateur Photographers and not really for seasoned photographers and professionals. I have no affiliation or commercial interest with any brand/make. I write from my own experience. I ended up using mainly Nikon, so I am more familiar with this brand than others. See price for notes on pricing as well as photography related links.