Wearables in Fashion
Designing the thousandth machine learning (ML) accelerator is not what you are looking for? Where others see a breakthrough in energy-efficient computing, you see simply a boring black box? You rather imagine yourself in the spotlight of the Paris Fashion Week than in a dimly lit cellar office in the Gloriastrasse? Then we may have the right project for you!
In this project, you will work in close cooperation with the University of Arts London to combine the latest wearable electronic trends with fashion. Although there is no limit to your creativity, your possible tasks could involve:
- Comprehensive analyzes of technologies allow altering the shape of dresses and accessories (pneumatic systems, electro-mechanical systems, Shape Memory Alloys (SMA)).
- A case study on the applicability of human-machine-interfaces to interact with your smart fashion.
- Development and characterization of highly integrated embedded systems based on the findings of your research. This includes PCB design (Altium) and firmware design (C/C++).
- Energy profiling and optimization towards energy neutrality.
- Testing and integration of your results together with the designers.
- Looking for Group and Semester Project Students
(not all need to be met by the single candidate)
- experience using the laboratory instrumentation - signal generators, oscilloscopes, DAQ cards, Matlab etc.
- knowledge of microcontroller programming and high-level programming
- basic knowledge of sensor fusion and wireless communication
- plus is knowledge on printed circuit board (PCB) design using Altium
- 20% Theory
- 60% Implementation
- 20% Testing